Tel: (818) 347-9665 PST

TheMuseumSFV@gmail.com

www.TheMuseumSFV.org




Thursday, May 1, 2008

DANTON BURROUGHS DIES

One of the San Fernando Valley's greatest friends of history, Danton Burroughs has died. Dan died sometime after 10 last evening. He had struggled with Parkinson's Disease for sometime, but his death may have been related to a significant fire among his historical treasures on April 30th. Danton was the grandson of the beloved author Edgar Rice Burroughs, creator of Tarzan.
Danton died at his home in Tarzana, a San Fernando Valley suburb named by his grandfather. Danton was the son of the great American photographer John Coleman Burroughs. He was a founder of the Tarzana Museum and supporter of The Museum of the San Fernando Valley.
Danton was a member of Chi Chi Chi Fraternity at Los Angeles Pierce College and was a lifelong friend of many members of the Beta Chapter of the Phi Delta Psi Fraternity.

3 comments:

miapulp said...

We are heartbroken by the loss of our good friend and neighbor. To know we will never again pass Danton as he returns with his latest treasures, leaning out of his car window and saying, "Look what I found today!" saddens me beyond belief. There was so much more to be shared. Every conversation with Danton opened up a wealth of new subjects to be explored. has inside their head what Danton had learned and processed. To be with him was to be in a joyful state despite the suffering he experienced for he was so in love with life's richness. His legacy will live on. Rest in peace, Danton. You will be sorely missed by many.

God’s Child said...

The anniversary of your death has past, but I was thinking of you today Danton as I watched the Tarzan marathon movies on TCM. I remember the fun times and your laugh. I am proud to say that my first 3 children were born in Tarzana, CA. You are truly missed. You and David would be the same age now. I always wanted to come back to visit CA and stop by to see you. My hope is that we will see one another again!

God’s Child said...

The anniversary of your death has past, but I was thinking of you today Danton as I watched the Tarzan marathon movies on TCM. I remember the fun times and your laugh. I am proud to say that my first 3 children were born in Tarzana, CA. You are truly missed. You and David would be the same age now. I always wanted to come back to visit CA and stop by to see you. My hope is that we will see one another again!