Tel: (818) 347-9665 PST

TheMuseumSFV@gmail.com

www.TheMuseumSFV.org




Tuesday, October 13, 2009

NORTHRIDGE YEAR 99

Reseda & Nordoff - October 2009 - looking southwest - Photo by Gerald Fecht for the Archives of The Museum of the San Fernando Valley
What a perfect day to begin my walking adventure of Northridge ... in the rain! By the time I did my mile, everything had been nicely washed down for the first rain of Fall. I found a Persian-style market, filled with the same smells my son Brendan and I experienced in the great market in Istanbul. Students from California State University Northridge were waiting for busses here at the corner of Nordoff and Reseda, protecting their textbooks - now the price of gold, and a Latina mother and daughter were braving the elements with matching umbrellas.

No comments: